PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
Personal protective equipment (PPE) refers to protective clothing, helmets, gloves, face shields, goggles, facemasks and/or respirators or other equipment designed to protect the wearer from injury or the spread of infection or illness.
There are 3 types of PPE in brow salon:
- Respiratory protection – for example, disposable face mask.
- Eye protection – for example, spectacles/goggles, shields, visors.
- Hand protection – for example, disposable gloves and barrier creams.
When should PPE be used?
All staff, patients and visitors should use PPE when there will be contact with blood, bodily fluids, or respiratory secretions.
- Gloves – wearing gloves protects your hands from germs and helps to reduce the spread of them.
- Masks – to cover your mouth and nose.
- Eye protection – includes face shields and goggles.
- Closed toe shoes
The Importance of Personal Protective Equipment. … PPE is equipment that will protect workers against health or safety risks on the job. The purpose is to reduce employee exposure to hazards materials and spread of infection.
Note: If you are practicing outside of Victoria, you must complete the below bloodborne online course. Please check your State’s Legislation in regard to compliance when setting up your cosmetic tattoo clinic.
Below is a link to the course:
**Please be sure to go to your GP and update your Hepatitis B Vaccine**