What is the healing process?
Straight after your first treatment, your new tattoo will look amazing, with no swelling and minimal redness and discomfort.
- On day 2 – 5 your brow tattoo will appear bolder and darker, as the area that was treated will slightly scab.
- During day 1 – 4 you must apply a cream that we provide to the area, morning and night, and when showering to protect the area from infection, and to quicken the healing process.
- This means you cannot wet your brows in the shower or when cleansing your face for the first 4 days.
- On day 5 you can treat your brows as you would normally – cleansing, makeup etc.
- During week 2 – 4 your brows may appear to have lost some hair strokes! This is normal, and just part of the healing process. These hair strokes re surface during the 4th week after treatment.
How many treatments are required and how long will it last?
- For most clients, a minimum of two treatments are usually needed, at least 6-8 weeks apart.
- Cosmetic tattooing is a 2-step process…
- Your Initial First Session is used to build the foundation of your brows, eyeliner or lips.
- Your First Perfecting Session, is to perfect the shape and colour, and add more substance.
- If you have had previous tattoo work on your brows you must book in for a consultation with one of our technicians for assessment.
Is Cosmetic Tattoo Painful?
- We apply an anaesthetic cream prior to your procedure, and continue to keep the area being treated numb during your procedure to keep you comfortable.
- Pain thresholds differ from person to person; however, every effort is made to keep you as comfortable as possible.
What is Ombre Brows?
The Ombré technique is a soft and misty powder filled brow, similar to a brow powder makeup look. The tails of the brows will be darker and fade into a softer look towards the front of the brow.
What is Microblading?
- Microblading, also known as Feather Stroke Tattoo, is a form of Cosmetic Tattooing.
- In this process, we implant tiny hair like strokes into the top layer of the Dermis of the skin, using a one use sterile hand tool.
- This is a semi – permanent process, as pigment is implanted on a superficial layer of the skin, which lasts up to 12 months, depending on your skin type.
- At Mien Brows, we also do Ombre and Powdered Brows for that make-up finished look. Speak to one of our technicians to see what is right for you.
Is the clinic registered with the local health council?
- Yes, we are registered with the local Health Council, and have procedures in place to maintain a sterile safe environment for our clients.
- We only use one use disposable needles and supplies.
- Our cosmetic tattoo pigments are non-toxic and contain no artificial preservatives.
What pigments do you use and are they safe?
- At Mien Brows we use the Tina Davies pigment line. This pigment line is 100% safe and cruelty-free. These pigments have never been tested on animals and does not contain animal by-products.
- They also Pass the resAP 2008 regulations for Europe
- All of the pigment colors have been formulated to avoid the pigments from turning red, orange, blue, purple or ashy over time.